Sunday, August 2, 2009

Gay Pride in Amsterdam












Amsterdam. This word can bring a number of images to the mind. Nothing could prepare me for the debauchery and party atmosphere I felt that one Saturday in July.
I have never been to a gay pride parade, but I can assure you that the one in Amsterdam is definitive world wide. As you can see from the pictures, thousands of people crowd around one of the canals that circle around Amsterdam. Hundreds of boats filled with half naked people dancing, singing, drinking, touching...An excuse to get drunk in public. So when in Amsterdam during the gay pride parade, what does one do? Well, we walked on the canal where the party was taking our time, drinking beers and snacking on chips. Really as usual the whole trip was a blur, but I can tell you that there was A LOT of public same sex intimacy, not just guys either... Anywho if you want to know what really goes on in Amsterdam, you will just have to go!

No comments: