Sunday, July 5, 2009

Sunday Funday
















Hello all, hope my pictures are a good indication of things in Eindhoven. Its really cool discovering different parts of the city. For example, many of the photos are of me running through a little park with LOTS of statues and art. Someone told me this place is inhabited by many artists, I don't disagree (see pictures). People were sunbathing on the shore of some small ponds separating the park from the houses and highway.
I finally got wheels! See my artsy portrait with the help of Nikon "sports mode." It took several hours planning and shopping, but I got the P.O.S. bike to move. Go me. I took my engineering feat down to Philips and back and got some nice scenery along the way.
Making friends with the people at the apartment complex (see black building with many windows). An architect designed this oven. Good architect. The people here all have some opinion of what America is and what we stand for. It's hard to hear some pretty nasty things (but mostly good!), mostly from ignorance due to bad translations across border News channels.
My fourth of July wasn't anything special, but I went out with friends to the Boston Pub. Yet again I forget my camera. The Stratum in Eindhoven is a special place. Its a long string of bars in a small street. Think of a flat Adams Morgan, DC and cut the road size down to 10ft and you have the most popular place in Eindhoven. Boston pub hosts Celtic Jerseys, baseball games, and pictures of Boston, MA: the only thing linking it to Boston, or anywhere in the USA. Walking through the doors was like walking into an awkwardly empty irish bar with concert lighting and techno provided by a professional DJ in the corner. The vibe was weird and the beer was cheap, so we stayed until I broke a glass.
May I rant on the daft drinking glasses. Small - highball glass; Large - a half pint glass? Maybe?

Anywho, I am tired of procrastinating! Hope the weather has finally cooled down.

No comments: